You need to start your font server (xfs).

  In my opinion, the configuration program that came with your
distribution is broken for configuring the server to require one,
yet not ensuring that one was running.


                        Mark.

On Tue, 1 Apr 2003 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Hello
> 
> I am getting the message "I cannot start the X server (your graphical
> interface) It is likely that it is not set up corectly. Would you like
> to view the X server output to diagnose the problem?" 
> 
> Following the various screens is a request to send the full server
> output to you. This I was very happy to see since I'm at a complete loss
> to understand the cause which logically relates to what I was doing
> before this happened. Using parted I had resized extended partition HDD6
> and then copied some files to it. Perhaps this problem is not related
> and it's just a coincidence - wishful thinking.
> 
> The software is RHL rel 8.0, kernel 2.4.18-18.8.0 on an i686 and I'll
> attach the Xfree86.log file. 
> 
> I am new to Linux. Any help or redirection will be much appreciated.
> 
> With thanks
> Robert Baxter

_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

Reply via email to