----- Original Message ----- From: Marc Aurele La France <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 15:13:23 -0700 (MST) To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Subject: Re: [XFree86] Hardware mouse cursor visual glitches
> On Tue, 11 Feb 2003, Felipe Alfaro Solana wrote: > > > I have a laptop with an ATI RAGE Mobility M1 AGP 8MB video card > > (Mach64-based) which is running Red Hat Phoebe2 beta distro (8.0.93), > > based on XFree86 4.2.99.901 latest snapshot (Feb, 6th 2003). > > > I'm experiencing hardware mouse cursor visual glitches when the mouse > > cursor shape is changed from, let's say, the standard black arrow > > pointer, to another one, for example, the north-south, or west-east > > resize arrow. When the mouse cursor shape is being changed, for a brief > > period of time, I can see a 64x64 rectangle full of garbage instead of > > the mouse cursor. After this brief lapse of time, the cursor returns to > > its normal appearance automatically. > Yes. This a known issue. I've started looking into this, but have so far > been unable to duplicate the problem. I'll keep trying. With any luck, > this'll be fixed in 4.3. > > Thanks for the details. > > Marc. OK, Marc... Please, don't hesitate to contact with me for anything you need: patching, latest CVS, testing scenarios, hardware description... Whatever! :-) Thanks. Felipe -- ______________________________________________ http://www.linuxmail.org/ Now with e-mail forwarding for only US$5.95/yr Powered by Outblaze _______________________________________________ XFree86 mailing list [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

