Fair enough. Not sure if this will still exist in future years. I will
stick something in for the charity then with a clean conscience that I
am not competing with Wikimedia UK.

Andrew

On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 11:22 AM, Thomas Dalton <[email protected]> wrote:
> 2009/2/16 Andrew Cates <[email protected]>:
>>> Who's been leading the Wikipedia for Schools project in the UK?
>> That would be me I guess
>>> Link
>> http://entrepreneurs.bankofscotland.co.uk/social/index.html
>>>Deadline
>> Next Monday
>>>Biggest challenge for Wikimedia
>> Got to be a completely UK project. Hence the Schools Wikipedia thought.
>>
>> Funny kind of thing which you could pitch lots of ways.
>
> It certainly looks interesting, and something we should look into in
> future years, but I'm not sure we're ready for it yet. Our business
> plan is very vague and we haven't really done much yet - I doubt they
> would want to give £100,000 (or an interest free loan, although I
> think we'd rather have the cash) to an unproven charity with no firm
> plans for what to spend it on.
>
> _______________________________________________
> Wikimedia UK mailing list
> [email protected]
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_UK
> http://mail.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimediauk-l
>

_______________________________________________
Wikimedia UK mailing list
[email protected]
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_UK
http://mail.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimediauk-l

Reply via email to