On Mon, May 13, 2019 at 3:03 AM Peter Southwood < [email protected]> wrote:
> The precautionary principle is labelled as an official policy of Commons. > I think it should be mentioned on the assume good faith page as it explains > why it is sometimes impractical to assume good faith to the extent of > allowing content to remain. If not mentioned, it can lead to severe > disappointment and surprise. It should be made very clear to anyone who > uploads that this policy may be applied, and why it is necessary. It would > also be useful to explain what to do if it is applied where it should not > be applied, whether from lack of evidence or for any other reason, and how > to avoid the problem. > It might even be advisable to state this policy clearly in the upload > wizard. When people have been reasonably warned, they are less likely to be > offended. > Exactly this. Commons veterans are annoyed that uploaders don't understand all the principles and rules of Commons. So to be helpful, I go into Commons:AGF to add the precautionary principle. This way, people like Galder and students will know that: "where there is significant doubt about the freedom of a particular file, it should be deleted" My attempt to help is then reverted. Twice. Then I get threatened that I will be blocked if I try to help give better instructions. https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=User_talk:Fuzheado&diff=349936173&oldid=345797075 Tell me then, which is it going to be? -Andrew _______________________________________________ Wikimedia-l mailing list, guidelines at: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Mailing_lists/Guidelines and https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia-l New messages to: [email protected] Unsubscribe: https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l, <mailto:[email protected]?subject=unsubscribe>
