Arkansas is considered one of the "fly-over" states. Good luck locating a Wikipedian somewhere around there, not to mention a Wikimedian.
On Wed, Oct 14, 2015 at 7:38 AM, Gnangarra <[email protected]> wrote: > G'day > > I have been contacted by an active Wikiproject Spam editor for help > (because I've recently been working with an editor here in Perth in a > similar situation), to talk to a user who appears to be linked to the > Encyclopedia of Arkansas. The user is just adding links to EOA in the > external links section of related articles, another user has asked for the > links not to be blacklisted as its a good source. > > In these case the Australian chapter reaches out such editors as a personal > discussion over a coffee here works very effectively in turning this type > of contact into potential programmatic activities. Being just couple miles > too far way I was looking for someone closer who would be willing to > followup with this on a local level. As I said in my offer of help I'm > happy to support and advise them that goes for who ever takes up the reigns > but the important part of developing this is impractical from here. > > > on WP discussion > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Cals.eoa#Help_offer > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Gnangarra#UOA > > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_talk:WikiProject_Spam#Encyclopedia_of_Arkansas > > > already checked meta there isnt any chapters close by, nearest user group > is in North Carolina with a smaller area of interest, and the only > experienced editors(10,000+ edits) listed on the en Wikiproject Arkansas > havent been active in the last 6 months > > -- > Gnangarra > > President Wikimedia Australia > WMAU: http://www.wikimedia.org.au/wiki/User:Gnangarra > _______________________________________________ > Wikimedia-l mailing list, guidelines at: > https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Mailing_lists/Guidelines > [email protected] > Unsubscribe: https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l, > <mailto:[email protected]?subject=unsubscribe> _______________________________________________ Wikimedia-l mailing list, guidelines at: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Mailing_lists/Guidelines [email protected] Unsubscribe: https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l, <mailto:[email protected]?subject=unsubscribe>
