On 13 March 2015 at 16:07, Keegan Peterzell <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi all, > > Single-user login[1] finalization will be taking place next month.[2] I > know this has been said before over the past two years, but it is actually > going to take place after nearly a decade of waiting :) > > I just posted an important announcement about the renaming process itself > on Meta.[3] If you're interested, please take some time to read it over and > help translate if possible. A one sentence message about this has been sent > to village pumps as well, where available. > > All accounts that will be affected by this will be contacted on their talk > page within the next couple of days.[4] All local wikis also have a > publicly listed database of users who will be renamed, available at > Special:UsersWhoWillBeRenamed.[4] > > Thanks for your time, please help spread the word to your other mailing > lists and/or communities. > > 1. https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:Unified_login > 2. > https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Single_User_Login_finalisation_announcement > 3. > > https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Single_User_Login_finalisation_announcement/Schema_announcement > 4. > > https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Single_User_Login_finalisation_announcement/Personal_announcement > 5. for example, > https://vo.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patikos:UsersWhoWillBeRenamedHmm > > Thanks very much for keeping us up to date, Keegan. When I look at the Special:UsersWhoWillBeRenamed on enwiki, I note a large number of accounts whose registration date is listed as today, even though I realise that's not possible. It might be helpful to include an explanation of that apparent anomaly in the announcement and/or the schema. (I'm assuming it has something to do with the accounts being very old, but it sure looks weird.) Risker/Anne _______________________________________________ Wikimedia-l mailing list, guidelines at: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Mailing_lists/Guidelines [email protected] Unsubscribe: https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l, <mailto:[email protected]?subject=unsubscribe>
