Jane Darnell, 30/10/2013 09:30:
I second your skepticism. Especially since most Dutch Wikipedians have no idea what WMNL is, according to a survey.
Good point. Maybe all those who care about a chapter and its spending are already members of the chapter so that they can participate in the assembly which decide on it (and related online discussions)? :)
If we want greater community review of their spending, perhaps it would make sense to run campaigns for community members to join the chapter. Maybe other people have different experiences, but the associations I know of usually try to convince you to join the association ("it's cool for X! you are important for Y!") and then they try to gradually involve you more; I've never seen an association on a street distributing dozens-pages books "hey! do you want to review our budget? it's great fun! we value your input".
Nemo _______________________________________________ Wikimedia-l mailing list [email protected] Unsubscribe: https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l, <mailto:[email protected]?subject=unsubscribe>
