Opie was once called Dopie.  Goober was called Big Ears.  Barney was often
referred to in the press as Barney Fike.  Point being, we have all probably
had nicknames or have been called names while we were growing up.
Fortunate, we come to realize it is a part of being a child and we move on.

I want to share an experience I had with a long time friend.

I have known a fellow whose last name is Simpson for over 30 years.  We
have socialized many times.  He comes to many of the car shows.  Last week
he came to a car show and begin asking me why his picture never got on
Facebook being arrested.  I asked him if he wanted to be arrested.  He said
he did and he wanted to see it posted.  So I put him in handcuffs and we
had a good time getting him arrrested.

Well, last night he came to the car show and he came up to right away and
told me he liked the pictures but was not happy at all about what I wrote.
This is what I wrote.  First of all I always give an alias to the people I
arrest and they always have a good time with that.  So I put his picture up
and said, "Here I am arresting Ken Simpson, AKA Simple Simpson.  Well,
apparently the kids called him Simple Simpson when he lived in Chicago.  He
is now 67, so that was over 50 years ago.  He was upset that now everyone
on his Facebook page would now start calling him Simple Simpson and he told
me how he hated that name when he was a kid and he still cannot stand
hearing it.  He was dead serious and very upset.  I explained to him how I
give all the people nicknames and people enjoy it and it was just by chance
that I chose Simple.  I could not believe the big moulage he was making of
it.  I told him some of the awful names I was called and how I just laugh
about it.  In fact I recently posted on my Facebook a list of the names I
was called when I was young.

So, to make a long story longer, I deleted the post today.  You can be sure
his picture won't be on my Facebook again.  I cannot believe a 67 year old
man would still carrying that kind of baggage around.

Krazy Ken

-- 
The Mayberry Guru
2906 May Street
Eau Claire, Wisconsin 54701
www.themayberryguru.com
www.mayberryreflections.com
_______________________________________________
WBMUTBB mailing list
[email protected]
http://www.mayberry.com/tagsrwc/wbmutbb/

Reply via email to