Abd ul-Rahman Lomax wrote:

Fleischmann and I disagree, for reasons I believe Lomax is familiar with.

Please don't recruit Fleischmann to your own personal cause.

It is more the other way around.


I'm not disagreeing with Fleischmann, he's acknowledged his error in the original announcement.

Incorrect. He and many others say that that the heat alone is proof this is a nuclear reaction, probably fusion. You may disagree, but that is what they say. The error in his original announcement was about the neutrons, as we all know. In other words, it turned out to be almost completely a-neutronic fusion.

1. Heat beyond the limits of chemistry in a cell with no chemical transformations can only be explained as a nuclear effect. No other heat effect is known to science. Perhaps it is shrinking hydrogen or some other exotic new thing, but I doubt it.

Anomaly means an unknown effect. An unknown effect must be due to space aliens. No, Zero Point Energy. No, hydrinos. No, systematic experimental error. No, damn it! nuclear reactions.

That's silly. Fleischmann did not believe it could be space aliens or ZPE. He said that that most likely explanation was fusion. You seem to be disputing that is what he thought, and that is what he said.

Look, you don't have to agree, but you should acknowledge this is a normal, logical, valid argument. Since we only know for sure that one other heat-generating phenomenon exists -- fusion -- that is the best candidate. Space aliens probably do not exist. ZPE seems problematic, as does shrinking hydrogen and the other candidates.

You apparently think that other candidates are viable, or that we do not even have enough evidence to rule in fusion. Fair enough. You have a right to that opinion. But do not denigrate Fleischmann or I, and do not make fun our views by citing space aliens and the like.

And don't tell me that is not what he thought. He told me that himself on many occasions. I resent being told I am "recruiting" him.


*We don't know.*

Yeah, yeah, okay. But we sure as heck can make an educated guess.

- Jed

Reply via email to