At 01:50 PM 10/11/2011, Jed Rothwell wrote:
Anyway, there are multiple cells and only one cell was in use during this test.
I assume each of the 4 cells has its own reservoir, so 30 L / 4 = 7.4 L.

That's not my interpretation.

The fat-cat is a big tub of overall volume 110 litres.
The "wafer" is 20 x 20 x 4 cm = 1.6 litres
It's not stated whether each core has its own wafer, or if multiple cores are in the same wafer. The rest of the space is taken up by "steel wings" -- presumably we can see one of them -- the corrugated object at the top of Lewan's picture.

What's left over is 30 liters, which doesn't "belong" to any core.
(Again, 2 hours to fill at 15 litres/hour doesn't match Lewan's 0.9 g/s)

I looked for a hose between the core and the outlet of the ecat -- but couldn't see it -- because there isn't one. The outlet is just a bent tube coming out of the top of the eCat -- with a hole at the top serving as the instrument port. Again, I couldn't see any trailing wires in the lid, so the thermocouple must be right in the outlet tube.

I'll have to think what this means for Lewan's September case, with 120C at the outlet, and 50% water !!! The only rational explanation is 2 bar 50% dry, with excess water just bubbling up through the outlet tube.


Reply via email to