I wrote:

> (6 bar = 0.6 MPa. This table shows hydrogen density at 1 MPa at 25°C is
> 0.8 kg/m^3. This is 0.034 kg, or 0.043 m^3 = 43 L)
>

Oh wait. It gets a lot hotter than 25°C, doesn't it? Granted, the NIST
table and graph does not show pressure increasing much between 0°C and
125°C. This graph does not go any higher.

1 MPa goes from 0.8085 kg/M^3 at 25°C down to 0.6061 kg/M^3 at 125°C.

I wonder why the pressure does not increase in the graph from Zhang? Am I
missing something here?

The pressure drops off starting at 1100, then increases, and drops off
again a couple of times. Someone suggested that is a leak which they are
refilling. This person thought the gas might be igniting, which causes the
excess heat. It would ignite in the vicinity of the outer wall
thermocouple, if it ignited anywhere.

I thought this pressure fluctuation might be the nickel powder absorbing
and desorbing the gas, but I wouldn't know. The text does not mention
adding in new gas.

- Jed

Reply via email to