Russ George <[email protected]> wrote:

Looks like near perfect ‘thermometry’ to me! Just what one would hope for
> with a perfectly functioning thermocouple.
>

Yes. As I said, I like the way the inner and outer thermocouples switch
temperatures. This indicates a source of heat starting up within the cell.

Incidentally, I managed to type some Chinese (using Japanese input mode),
and I ran it through Google.translate.com. I figured out the first three
characters are 不锈钢 meaning "stainless steel." I confirm this says inner and
outer thermocouple:

不锈钢反应器内壁热电偶 Stainless steel reactor wall thermocouple
不锈钢反应器外壁热电偶 Stainless steel reactor outer wall thermocouple

Try it yourself!

Other info:

The size of the reactor is 68 mm diameter, 150 mm long, 10 mm thick wall,
which works out to exactly 1 L.

The author estimates this is 5 MJ of anomalous heat. The heat of formation
of water is 285,800 J/mole so that's 17 moles or 34 g of hydrogen. I
believe 34 g of hydrogen at 6 bar takes up ~43 L. I would appreciate it if
someone would check my arithmetic, which I too often get wrong. See:

http://hydrogen.pnl.gov/hydrogen-data/hydrogen-density-different-temperatures-and-pressures

(6 bar = 0.6 MPa. This table shows hydrogen density at 1 MPa at 25°C is 0.8
kg/m^3. This is 0.034 kg, or 0.043 m^3 = 43 L)

 - Jed

Reply via email to