Thanks for the history lesson on the provenance of fractional quantum
states, Jones. I was not aware of the fact there had been so many prior BLP
interpretations involving fractional states of the Hydrogen atom. Should
Mills be so lucky as to collect a Nobel prize he may need to share it with
many prior developers and experimentalists.

 

As for the future (or demise) of BLP's promised SunCell technology. Out on
the SCP web site I have repeatedly made it very clear that, IMHO, it's
likely going to take BLP a lot longer to develop a COMMERCIALLY viable
prototype. Producing a less stringent experimental prototype whose sole
purpose would be to do nothing more than prove the fact that SunCell
devices can self-run and generate excess electricity would have been a
better option. I recall getting some flak from a Mills minion, who
apparently thought I was haranguing the good Doctor, but that doesn't bother
me that much.  An experimental prototype doesn't have to run long to make
its point. The Wright's brother's first self-powered flight lasted a mere 12
seconds before grounding itself. (Jed can correct me if I error on that
point.)

 

Mills has stated for the record that there isn't all much of a difference
between developing a commercial prototype versus an experimental prototype.
I disagree, and I have said so out on SCP. Apparently so have others within
the Vort Collective.

 

At present I think it is way too early to suggest SunCell technology is an
apparent failure. IMHO, BLP's contracted engineering firms are barely out of
the start gate. I suspect they also purposely low-balled their original
estimates just to get their foot in the door. It's also possible they simply
underestimated how much more R&D effort would be needed. That wouldn't be
the first time that has happened. It's going to take time. It's as simple as
that. Perhaps another year or two before I'll start getting twitchy.
Personally, I would not be surprised if BLP eventually acquiesces and
presents an experimental prototype in about a year from now. Then, they may
be ready to embark on an commercial prototype.

 

Regards,

Steven Vincent Johnson

svjart.orionworks.com

zazzle.com/orionworks

 

Reply via email to