On Thu, 5 May 2005, Michael Foster wrote:

> Aw, c'mon, Bill.  Don't you think you're being unkind to
> the morally handicapped?  I was sort of getting kick out
> the dodging and weaving.

Heh.  I had my fill of this way back in the "Mitch" era.

Also, I started out as one of these "liar" types myself.  It took years
for me to get loose of it, and I developed a feeling of revulsion whenever
I encounter remaining traces of it in myself.  (And when I encountered the
"bend-over-backwards honesty" mentioned in Feynman's Cargo Cult science, I
took it as new gospel and started preaching it.)

And when I encounter others with the dishonesty problem, I refuse to put
up with the same revulsion for any long period.  Either they go away, or I
do.  In the case of vortex-L, the choice is obvious.

Maybe I should put that in the rules: "be warned, the moderator has a low
tolerance for dishonesty, and tends to eject members on suspicion only,
without clear proof of lies."


(((((((((((((((((( ( (  (   (    (O)    )   )  ) ) )))))))))))))))))))
William J. Beaty                            SCIENCE HOBBYIST website
billb at amasci com                         http://amasci.com
EE/programmer/sci-exhibits   amateur science, hobby projects, sci fair
Seattle, WA  206-789-0775    unusual phenomena, tesla coils, weird sci

Reply via email to