Well, I found one for only 20 bucks not bad at all. I’m gonna snag it. It’s actually a case and band combo not bad at all. It’s by a company called Tasikar and it is on Amazon and comes in silver, starlight, gold, rosegold, blue and black. I'm getting black.
Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 10, 2024, at 6:41 AM, Barbara Stahl <[email protected]> wrote:


So for clarification when you're swimming and you put the water lock on, you can't use VoiceOver at all not even to tell time. Can you still listen to music if you wanted to

On Sep 10, 2024, at 2:59 AM, Sieghard Weitzel <[email protected]> wrote:



Yes, and I find it very ridiculous that Apple does not allow for basic Voiceover output when waterlock is on.

In fact, even my Apple Watch Ultra 2 at 100% volume is not loud enough where I can really hear the details when I do a pool swim even if it’s only moderately noisy in the pool. I actually had ordered a bone conduduction headset similar to an Aftershokz which is waterproof from Amazon, but it just did not have a good fit and I returned it immediately. I saw that Shokz also makes a waterproof one which I think is called OpenSwim and I may just have to get that, of course the fact they have an “OpenCom”, an “OpenRun” and an “OpenSwim” is purely marketing, they just should make one version which is waterproof and be done with it.

 

And just for anybody who is interested, another pet peeve of mine is the fact that when I do a pool swim the app always counts one lane short, e.g. if I do 40 laps it counts 39, but of course I know I have done 40 because I end up on the same side of the pool where I started which means it has to be an even number. We only have half an Olympic size pool with 25 meter lanes so if I start on the shallow end and swim down to the deep end that is my first lane, then I swim back to the shallow end and that is #2, I usually swim 1 Km which means I do 40 lanes or 20 times back and forth, but when I get back after the last one and then stop the work out it shows me that I did 39 lanes.

 

 

From: 'Richard Turner' via VIPhone <[email protected]>
Sent: Monday, September 9, 2024 3:37 PM


To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: Apple Watch 10 and "new" Ultra 2

 

When you have Water Lock on, you cannot use the screen, so no hearing VO anyway.

It is designed for swimmers who want to track their activity.

When you get out of the water, they say to dry it off before unlocking the water lock status.

 

 

Richard, USA

"INTROVERTS UNITE ...

SEPARATELY IN YOUR OWN HOMES"

-- as seen on a T-shirt with a power fist raised

 

My web site: https://www.turner42.com

 

From: [email protected] <[email protected]> On Behalf Of [email protected]
Sent: Monday, September 9, 2024 3:29 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: Apple Watch 10 and "new" Ultra 2

 

Hi yes I agree I have a apple watch 6 and it still does what I want it to so it is doing me well. I can’t really understand the hole water lock thing and how would you hear vo when you where under water anyways? From Mich Verrier from New Liskeard Ontario Canada.

 

From: [email protected] <[email protected]> On Behalf Of Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: September 9, 2024 3:09 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Apple Watch 10 and "new" Ultra 2

 

The Apple Watch 10 sounds like it has a few good new features although even here I don’t see much of a reason to upgrade if you currently have a series 9 watch.

I was very surprised that unless I am missing something, the only “upgrade” to the Apple Watch Ultra 2 is a few new colour options; I was expecting an Apple Watch Ultra 3 and I am very happy that my Ultra 2 I bought last year seems to still be the cutting edge.

 

 

--
The following information is important for all members of the V iPhone list.
 
If you have any questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if you feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners or moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself.
 
Your V iPhone list moderator is Mark Taylor. Mark can be reached at: [email protected]. Your list owner is Cara Quinn - you can reach Cara at [email protected]
 
The archives for this list can be searched at:
http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "VIPhone" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone/CH0PR01MB690665A308C72C59A46E7839C7992%40CH0PR01MB6906.prod.exchangelabs.com.

--
The following information is important for all members of the V iPhone list.
 
If you have any questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if you feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners or moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself.
 
Your V iPhone list moderator is Mark Taylor. Mark can be reached at: [email protected]. Your list owner is Cara Quinn - you can reach Cara at [email protected]
 
The archives for this list can be searched at:
http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "VIPhone" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone/126001db0307%24b949fd90%242bddf8b0%24%40eastlink.ca.

--
The following information is important for all members of the V iPhone list.
 
If you have any questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if you feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners or moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself.
 
Your V iPhone list moderator is Mark Taylor. Mark can be reached at: [email protected]. Your list owner is Cara Quinn - you can reach Cara at [email protected]
 
The archives for this list can be searched at:
http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "VIPhone" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone/004701db0308%24bb378040%2431a680c0%24%40comcast.net.

--
The following information is important for all members of the V iPhone list.
 
If you have any questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if you feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners or moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself.
 
Your V iPhone list moderator is Mark Taylor. Mark can be reached at: [email protected]. Your list owner is Cara Quinn - you can reach Cara at [email protected]
 
The archives for this list can be searched at:
http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "VIPhone" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone/CH0PR01MB6906C44426E8B37F258AFA65C79A2%40CH0PR01MB6906.prod.exchangelabs.com.

--
The following information is important for all members of the V iPhone list.
 
If you have any questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if you feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners or moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself.
 
Your V iPhone list moderator is Mark Taylor. Mark can be reached at: [email protected]. Your list owner is Cara Quinn - you can reach Cara at [email protected]
 
The archives for this list can be searched at:
http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "VIPhone" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone/0A263BCC-706E-4677-BE8C-480C951DA10B%40gmail.com.

--
The following information is important for all members of the V iPhone list.
 
If you have any questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if you feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners or moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself.
 
Your V iPhone list moderator is Mark Taylor. Mark can be reached at: [email protected]. Your list owner is Cara Quinn - you can reach Cara at [email protected]
 
The archives for this list can be searched at:
http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "VIPhone" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone/30F20514-D111-47CC-B1CA-0DD14F41847E%40gmail.com.

Reply via email to