Hi Malcolm,

I just did another test with my iPhone 7 running the latest version of Just 
Press Record and it fully transcribed the entire recording which was one 
minute, 25 seconds long. The recording I did on February 4th which I referenced 
in my first reply post was also over a minute long and transcribed 
successfully. My iPhone has plenty of available storage and is running iOS 
11.2.5.

I hope you're able to figure out the issue.

Alan

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of 
Malcolm Parfitt
Sent: Saturday, February 10, 2018 9:42 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: Just Press Record transcription question.

Hello Alan,


I have tried both storage options and I am still unable to transcribe more than 
about 12 Seconds of audio.  Often the transcription stops in the middle of a 
word.  Other dictation apps work fine and the recordings made with Just Record 
all play to the end.

Would you try a recording of about a minute and let me know if that transcribes 
in full?

Malcolm

Sent from my iPhone

> On 10 Feb 2018, at 15:22, Alan Lemly <[email protected]> wrote:
> 
> Hi Malcolm, 
> 
> Just out of curiosity, where do you have the storage location going in your 
> Just Press Record settings? I have mine set to this iPhone instead of to 
> iCloud because I've always seemed to get better results with apps like this 
> not involving the cloud in the process. I did a fairly short test recording 
> with my settings set to transcribe everything and all the words were 
> transcribed. You might check the storage location setting and see if you get 
> different results if setting it to the local device. 
> 
> Out of curiosity, has anyone used an external microphone with Just press 
> record or any other apps and if so, do you get better results? I'm going to 
> be recording some homeowners association committee meetings and I want to get 
> the best possible recording and transcription. 
> 
> Alan Lemly 
> 
> Sent from my iPhone
> 
>> On Feb 10, 2018, at 8:58 AM, Malcolm Parfitt <[email protected]> wrote:
>> 
>> Hello Richard,
>> 
>> I have written to them but it says on their site they respond Monday to 
>> Friday so I shall wait and see what they say.  I will happily let the list 
>> know what they say.
>> 
>> If any list members have any suggestions I will gladly read them.
>> 
>> Best wishes and thanks.
>> 
>> Malcolm
>> 
>> Sent from my iPhone
>> 
>>> On 10 Feb 2018, at 14:40, Richard Turner <[email protected]> 
>>> wrote:
>>> 
>>> Have you contacted the developer?
>>> 
>>> Richard
>>> 
>>> 
>>> -----Original Message-----
>>> From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf 
>>> Of Malcolm Parfitt
>>> Sent: Saturday, February 10, 2018 2:00 AM
>>> To: [email protected]
>>> Subject: Just Press Record transcription question.
>>> 
>>> Hello,
>>> 
>>> I have just purchased and installed Just Press Record on my Iphone7 and 
>>> Apple Watch.
>>> 
>>> I have set transcription to All Recordings in Settings.
>>> 
>>> No matter whether I record via my IPhone or Apple Watch only a short part 
>>> of the recording is transcribed.
>>> 
>>> I have plenty of space on my Apple Watch, Icloud and IPhone.  I am on an 
>>> 80Mbps broadband.
>>> 
>>> Other apps that accept spoken input such as Drafts transcribe what I 
>>> dictate in its entirety.
>>> 
>>> I have uninstalled the app and reinstalled it but the issue persists.
>>> 
>>> Any suggestions as to what I can try to resolve this welcome.
>>> 
>>> Recordings play fine that I have made with Just Record.
>>> 
>>> Malcolm.
>>> 
>>> Sent from my iPhone
>>> 
>>> -- 
>>> The following information is important for all members of the V iPhone list.
>>> 
>>> If you have any questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if 
>>> you feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners 
>>> or moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself.
>>> 
>>> Your V iPhone list moderator is Mark Taylor.  Mark can be reached at:  
>>> [email protected].  Your list owner is Cara Quinn - you can reach Cara at 
>>> [email protected]
>>> 
>>> The archives for this list can be searched at:
>>> https://nam03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mail-archive.com%2Fviphone%40googlegroups.com%2F&data=02%7C01%7C%7C206a8e4ec1f641141da308d5706d251a%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636538536430541279&sdata=y9%2BgA3A0K5MZrVI44zgMSo0akkudqRqI0my2Ertja0g%3D&reserved=0
>>> --- 
>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
>>> "VIPhone" group.
>>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an 
>>> email to [email protected].
>>> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
>>> Visit this group at 
>>> https://nam03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgroups.google.com%2Fgroup%2Fviphone&data=02%7C01%7C%7C206a8e4ec1f641141da308d5706d251a%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636538536430541279&sdata=dJisFGX3iKvN9bEm9JYySAR%2Fd3V4USGZWttQEBV3DIM%3D&reserved=0.
>>> For more options, visit 
>>> https://nam03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgroups.google.com%2Fd%2Foptout&data=02%7C01%7C%7C206a8e4ec1f641141da308d5706d251a%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636538536430541279&sdata=epAPkoeROf%2Fdo%2FtcZa92BbMRbz%2BXY6CCHTMbfNe4qHM%3D&reserved=0.
>>> 
>>> -- 
>>> The following information is important for all members of the V iPhone list.
>>> 
>>> If you have any questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if 
>>> you feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners 
>>> or moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself.
>>> 
>>> Your V iPhone list moderator is Mark Taylor.  Mark can be reached at:  
>>> [email protected].  Your list owner is Cara Quinn - you can reach Cara at 
>>> [email protected]
>>> 
>>> The archives for this list can be searched at:
>>> http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/
>>> --- 
>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
>>> "VIPhone" group.
>>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an 
>>> email to [email protected].
>>> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
>>> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/viphone.
>>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
>> 
>> -- 
>> The following information is important for all members of the V iPhone list.
>> 
>> If you have any questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if 
>> you feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners or 
>> moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself.
>> 
>> Your V iPhone list moderator is Mark Taylor.  Mark can be reached at:  
>> [email protected].  Your list owner is Cara Quinn - you can reach Cara at 
>> [email protected]
>> 
>> The archives for this list can be searched at:
>> http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/
>> --- 
>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
>> "VIPhone" group.
>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an 
>> email to [email protected].
>> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
>> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/viphone.
>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
> 
> -- 
> The following information is important for all members of the V iPhone list.
> 
> If you have any questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if 
> you feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners or 
> moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself.
> 
> Your V iPhone list moderator is Mark Taylor.  Mark can be reached at:  
> [email protected].  Your list owner is Cara Quinn - you can reach Cara at 
> [email protected]
> 
> The archives for this list can be searched at:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/
> --- 
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
> "VIPhone" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an 
> email to [email protected].
> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/viphone.
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

-- 
The following information is important for all members of the V iPhone list.

If you have any questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if you 
feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners or 
moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself.

Your V iPhone list moderator is Mark Taylor.  Mark can be reached at:  
[email protected].  Your list owner is Cara Quinn - you can reach Cara at 
[email protected]

The archives for this list can be searched at:
http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"VIPhone" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/viphone.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

-- 
The following information is important for all members of the V iPhone list.

If you have any questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if you 
feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners or 
moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself.

Your V iPhone list moderator is Mark Taylor.  Mark can be reached at:  
[email protected].  Your list owner is Cara Quinn - you can reach Cara at 
[email protected]

The archives for this list can be searched at:
http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"VIPhone" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/viphone.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to