I think I tried that Mark and in this case, got nothing back. It's as if the engine starts to execute the set command and never returns to the script so the catch construct is never reached. I can't remember if I tried setting the global you mentioned that causes debug to step through the IDE code but I did try it in another circumstance that had the same symptoms and simply setting that global made the problem go away! Pete lcSQL Software <http://www.lcsql.com>
On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 10:54 AM, Mark Wieder <[email protected]> wrote: > Pete- > > Tuesday, October 9, 2012, 9:36:51 AM, you wrote: > > > For example, with help from a kindly customer, I discovered that the > > following line of code in a script: > > > "set the visible of stack tstackname to true" > > > ... caused the rest of the script to not execute. > > I end up bracketing code like that with a try/catch construct to > figure out what's causing the problem: > > try > set the visible of stack tstackname to true > catch e > answer param(0) && e > end try > > -- > -Mark Wieder > [email protected] > > > _______________________________________________ > use-livecode mailing list > [email protected] > Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your > subscription preferences: > http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode > _______________________________________________ use-livecode mailing list [email protected] Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences: http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
