I am affected by the underlying AMDGPU/TTM hibernate-resume issue on
Ubuntu 26.04 on an ASUS TUF Gaming A15 FA506NCG.

The failure can result in list corruption / kernel freeze or panic after
hibernate-resume, involving TTM/AMDGPU paths such as
`ttm_resource_move_to_lru_tail()` and `amdgpu_cs_submit()`.

The upstream fix has already been accepted and released in a stable
Linux kernel, while Ubuntu 26.04 continues to use the affected 7.0
kernel series and therefore requires the backport tracked by this bug.

This is a production machine, so I cannot reasonably test RC, mainline,
custom-patched or proposed kernels. I am intentionally remaining on the
last known-working Ubuntu kernel until the fix is available through an
official stable Ubuntu update.

Could the Ubuntu Kernel Team please triage this bug and evaluate the
proposed backport for an upcoming Resolute kernel SRU?

Thank you.

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/2168554

Title:
  drm/ttm: use-after-free of the bulk_move cursor after hibernation or
  memory-pressure swapout (amdgpu), fixed upstream in v7.3-rc4 / 7.2.8

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/2168554/+subscriptions


-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

Reply via email to