Dear all,

we are using CR_Core_Memory, granularity of our jobs is cores, so:
shared nodes. And all is well, jobs get killed once they use too much
memory, cgroups are in place.

But.
A user wants to have a node explicitely, not caring about number of CPU
cores and amount of RAM in that specific node (ranging e.g. from 12
cores to 24, and from 32 to 256 GB), but he wants to use ALL resources.

At the moment, I see no way to tell this Slurm. - OK, I can ask for 24
cores and 64 GB in a node, but then I do not get the chance to run on 12
cores/32 GB.

Is there already a parameter in Slurm to handle this?

Thanks,
Ulf


-- 
___________________________________________________________________
Dr. Ulf Markwardt

Technische Universität Dresden
Center for Information Services and High Performance Computing (ZIH)
01062 Dresden, Germany

Phone: (+49) 351/463-33640      WWW:  http://www.tu-dresden.de/zih

Attachment: smime.p7s
Description: S/MIME Cryptographic Signature

Reply via email to