Hi Brian,

Did you build and install the Slurm RPMs on CentOS 7, or is it a manual install? Which Slurm and CentOS versions do you run? We run Slurm 16.05 on CentOS 7, see instructions in our Wiki https://wiki.fysik.dtu.dk/niflheim/SLURM

/Ole

On 11/25/2016 05:04 PM, Andrus, Brian Contractor wrote:
All,

I have been having an issue where if I try to run the slurm daemon under
systemd, it hangs for some time and then errors out with:



systemd[1]: Starting LSB: slurm daemon management...

systemd[1]: PID file /var/run/slurmctld.pid not readable (yet?) after start.

systemd[1]: slurm.service: control process exited, code=exited status=203

systemd[1]: Failed to start LSB: slurm daemon management.

systemd[1]: Unit slurm.service entered failed state.

systemd[1]: slurm.service failed.





Now it does actually start and is running when I do a ‘ps’.

So I DID figure out a work-around, which, for now, I will code for
changing the scripts.

If I remove the lines from the /etc/init.d/slurm file:



# processname: /usr/sbin/slurmctld

# pidfile: /var/run/slurmctld.pid



Then systemd is happy running just slurm.



Not sure what the appropriate fix is for this, but that is a work-around
that seems effective.

Reply via email to