sbatch --ntasks=16 --tasks-per-node=2 --wrap 'mpiexec ./helloWorldMPI'
(code at the end of the mail)
However, I just repeated the tests and I have discovered that with my
current Slurm (slurm 17.02.0-0pre2) and MPI ( mvapich2-2.2), although the
warning is still displayed, slurm is in fact correctly sending the jobs. I
don't know whether this is a happy coincidence or a weird behaviour.
And with the test of "-ntasks=16 --tasks-per-node=16 --nodes=2 " slurm
did not show any warning, altough it sent 8 tasks per node.
If you need anything else or want me to perform any particular experiment,
please do not hesitate to contact me.
Thanks for your help and interest in the matter,
Manuel
-----------
-----------
-bash-4.2$ more helloWorldMPI.c
/* C Example */
#include <stdio.h>
#include <mpi.h>
int main (argc, argv)
int argc;
char *argv[];
{
int rank, size, namelen;
MPI_Init (&argc, &argv); /* starts MPI */
MPI_Comm_rank (MPI_COMM_WORLD, &rank); /* get current process id */
MPI_Comm_size (MPI_COMM_WORLD, &size); /* get number of processes */
char processor_name[MPI_MAX_PROCESSOR_NAME];
MPI_Get_processor_name(processor_name,&namelen);
printf("Process %d of %d is on %s\n", rank, size, processor_name);
printf( "Hello world from process %d of %d\n", rank, size );
int i = 0;
for (i = 0; i < 10; i++){
sleep(1);
printf("%d on process %d of %d\n",i, rank, size );
}
printf( "Goodbye world from process %d of %d\n", rank, size );
MPI_Finalize();
return 0;
}
2016-11-17 23:56 GMT+01:00 Christopher Samuel <[email protected]>:
>
> On 28/10/16 18:20, Manuel Rodríguez Pascual wrote:
>
> > -bash-4.2$ sbatch --ntasks=16 --tasks-per-node=2 test.sh
>
> Could you post the content of your batch script too please?
>
> We're not seeing this on 16.05.5, but I can't be sure I'm correctly
> replicating what you are seeing.
>
> cheers,
> Chris
> --
> Christopher Samuel Senior Systems Administrator
> VLSCI - Victorian Life Sciences Computation Initiative
> Email: [email protected] Phone: +61 (0)3 903 55545
> http://www.vlsci.org.au/ http://twitter.com/vlsci
>