Am Fri, 28 Oct 2016 00:21:12 -0700 schrieb Manuel Rodríguez Pascual <[email protected]>:
> Altogether, I think the condition should be rewritten to something like:
> if ((opt.ntasks_per_node != NO_VAL) &&
> if (opt.ntasks < opt.ntasks_per_node
> *opt.min_nodes )
>
> but with opt.ntasks being the value introduced by the user, not the one
> internally considered by Slurm at this point. I don't know how to do
> correct this, but I hope this helps to point towards the problem.
Is there any comment on this by Slurm developers? We tried upgrading to
Slurm 16.05.6 here and hit this bug, mpiexec/srun complaining about
requested tasks per node that do not match what the user requested. We
downgraded to 15.08.12 and that seems to work fine.
I am astonished that there is no reaction at all to this … also not to
the bug tracker report under
https://bugs.schedmd.com/show_bug.cgi?id=3032
. It looks to me like Slurm 16.05 clearly broke somethinh. Well … it is
broken for at least three people. Are we facing a strange fringe use
case?
Is Intel MPI just buggy? I am not sure about OpenMPI, I figured I have
to downgrade Slurm when Intel MPI does not work properly anymore. Even
if this is ultimately Intel MPI's fault, this would be a strong reason
for us to keep Slurm at the older version for the whole lifetime of our
cluster in order to support the existing binaries.
Alrighty then,
Thomas
--
Dr. Thomas Orgis
Universität Hamburg
RRZ / Basis-Infrastruktur / HPC
Schlüterstr. 70
20146 Hamburg
Tel.: 040/42838 8826
Fax: 040/428 38 6270
smime.p7s
Description: S/MIME cryptographic signature
