I worked w/PBS and SGE; now I'm beginner w/slurm, and installed slurm-16.05.5 
on my home PC/x86-64 under CentOS 7.2 1511 (desktop installation).

1) Munge isn't necessary for my one PC w/slurm. But 
 (after standard rpmbuild)  directory /usr/lib64/slurm  don't have auth_none.so 
plugin,
and AuthType=auth/none in slurm.conf can't work, I use AuthType=auth/munge.

2) Both slurmd and slurmctld work on "myhome1" node.
But "scontrol show nodes" informs that:
...
 Reason=NO NETWORK ADDRESS FOUND [slurm@2016-10-16T10:49:05]

Therefore any my srun's say
srun: Required node not available (down, drained or reserved)
srun: job NN queued and waiting for resources


I tried 3 variants of NodeName in slurm.conf : w/o NodeAddr and w/use 
192.168.1.10 or even 127.0.0.1
My current string in slurm.conf is:
NodeName=myhome1 Sockets=1 CoresPerSocket=2 ThreadsPerCore=1 
NodeAddr=192.168.1.10 State=UNKNOWN


Statical IP w/192.168.0.10 local address is used on my PC. 
/etc/hosts is:
127.0.0.1   localhost localhost.localdomain localhost4 localhost4.localdomain4 
::1         localhost localhost.localdomain localhost6 localhost6.localdomain6
192.168.1.10 myhome1.ru myhome1

/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-enp8s0   contains:
TYPE="Ethernet"
BOOTPROTO="static"
NAME="enp8s0"
DEVICE="enp8s0"
IPADDR="192.168.1.10"
GATEWAY="192.168.1.1"
DEFROUTE="yes"
ONBOOT="yes"
PREFIX="24"
etc

External connection w/global Internet is realized via the same "enp8s0" and 
home router at 192.168.1.1 

What should I do to have normal address for myhome1 for work w/slurm ?

Mikhail Kuzminsky,
Zelinsky Institute of Organic Chemistry RAS,
Moscow







Reply via email to