Hi Yaron,
Yaron Weitz <[email protected]> writes:
> slurm-dev
>
> Hi,
>
> I'm new to the Slurm. I have been working with it for the past 7
> months. We sometimes have a situation where a job generates more
> tasks than the number of CPU's allocated to it.
> I don't know if the cause is the code of the running job or something
> to do with the use or configuration of the Slurm. We have a cluster
> of Ubuntu 14.04 servers and slurm-llnl version 2.6.5-1 from the Ubuntu
> repos.
>
> Thanks,
> Yaron
On our system this is usually a result of user error. Particularly if
people don't use the environment variable ${SLURM_NTASKS} in their batch
scripts, they may end up requesting a number of cores, but passing a
different number to their MPI launcher for the number of processes to
start.
However, your version of Slurm is quite old, so it is conceivable that
you are being bitten by a probably long-fixed bug.
Cheers,
Loris
--
Dr. Loris Bennett (Mr.)
ZEDAT, Freie Universität Berlin Email [email protected]