On Fri, 25 Sep 2026 04:23:56 GMT, Leonid Mesnik <[email protected]> wrote:

>> The test 
>> `serviceability/jvmti/events/FieldModification/fieldmod02/fieldmod02.java` 
>> is crashing with the option:
>> `-XX:-DoJVMTIVirtualThreadTransitions`.
>> The capability `can_support_virtual_threads` must be rejected with the VM 
>> option `-XX:-DoJVMTIVirtualThreadTransitions`. The fix is implementing it. 
>> It impacts just a couple of code lines.
>> 
>> Testing:
>>  - Run the test 
>> `serviceability/jvmti/events/FieldModification/fieldmod02/fieldmod02.java` 
>> with the option `-XX:-DoJVMTIVirtualThreadTransitions`. Now, it is failed 
>> with rejecting the capability instead of crashing:
>> 
>> (AddCapabilities) unexpected error: JVMTI_ERROR_NOT_AVAILABLE (98)
>> Error occurred during initialization of VM
>> 
>> ---------
>> - [x] I confirm that I make this contribution in accordance with the 
>> [OpenJDK Interim AI Policy](https://openjdk.org/legal/ai).
>
> src/hotspot/share/prims/jvmtiManageCapabilities.cpp line 106:
> 
>> 104:   jc.can_generate_resource_exhaustion_heap_events = 1;
>> 105:   jc.can_generate_resource_exhaustion_threads_events = 1;
>> 106:   jc.can_support_virtual_threads = DoJVMTIVirtualThreadTransitions;
> 
> Do we still need to have assertions like
> 
>     assert(DoJVMTIVirtualThreadTransitions || 
> !JvmtiExport::can_support_virtual_threads(), "sanity check");
> 
> in a few places?

Thank you for checking this but I think, it is better to keep the asserts.

-------------

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/33001#discussion_r4101370083

Reply via email to