On Fri, 25 Sep 2026 05:02:54 GMT, Yasumasa Suenaga <[email protected]> wrote:
>> serviceability/sa/TestJhsdbJstackMixedWithXComp.java#xcomp failed due >> because stderr has message to report DebuggerException caused by unknown >> DWARF opcode. >> >> During the discussion, we've reached the conclusion that it is better to add >> `print_waring()` to notice this case (it is handled in >> [JDK-8392120](https://bugs.openjdk.org/browse/JDK-8392120): PR #33047), and >> the exception should not be shown in normal. >> >> Thus this PR proposes to show DebuggerException when `LIBSAPROC_DEBUG` >> environment variable is set in mixed jstack. >> >> --------- >> - [x] I confirm that I make this contribution in accordance with the >> [OpenJDK Interim AI Policy](https://openjdk.org/legal/ai). > > Yasumasa Suenaga has updated the pull request incrementally with one > additional commit since the last revision: > > Introduce DwarfException As I wrote in JBS, stack unwinding should be aborted if SA meets unknown (unsupported) DWARF opcode. Otherwise SA might report incorrect call stacks. I added `DwarfException` to report the error in DWARF processing, and it would be reported as single line on stdout if it is thrown. It does not have back traces, but it is enough to notice the error to the user. ------------- PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/33048#issuecomment-5827081517
