Hello,

Taylor wrote:
> 1. Is it true that I can port driver on linux to SunOS?

I can't see why it shouldn't be possible. The MUSCLE API
will be unchanged (IFD Handler), however the way you access
Serial communication ports with the OS SPIs might vary.
I'm not a specialist neither on Linux or SunOS so I can't
tell you if it's easy or not! (The more different the SPIs are,
the harder the port.. :-)

> 2. Are all readers available for same or different platform
>    (such as Windows, SunOS) of the same instruction set
>    and instruction format
>    (such as "power up", "power down", "send param1")?

>From the reader's point of view, it makes no difference whether you
are using it from Sun, Windows or Linux, the commands are the same
and the part of the driver dealing with the reader OS is the same.

In fact, it is even possible to write a portable driver in Java
(see our OCF CardTerminal in
http://www.gemplus.fr/developers/technologies/opencard/)
because the javax.comm API provides the necessary abstraction to
use serial ports in a portable way across OSes.

Hope it helps.

Cheers,
Christophe.

 = The Free Software Movement, was founded in 1984,   =
 = but its inspiration comes from the ideals of 1776. =
 =           --Richard Stallman (22 Feb 2001).        =
--
-------------------------------------------------------------
[EMAIL PROTECTED] - Gemplus Research Lab
Phone: +33 4-42-36-57-83 | Disclaimer: I don't speak for Gemplus
Gemplus doesn't speak for me... it is better that way!
-------------------------------------------------------------
***************************************************************
Linux Smart Card Developers - M.U.S.C.L.E.
(Movement for the Use of Smart Cards in a Linux Environment)
http://www.linuxnet.com/smartcard/index.html
***************************************************************

Reply via email to