Hello,

the problem seems to be solved:
I (just) had to compile a new kernel.
The problems was, that the serial-driver was obviously not correctly
configured.
Some perror()-instructions pointed to that fault (I/O-error).

Thanks for your support.

Frank
-----Urspr�ngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Frank Thater <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
An: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Datum: Dienstag, 17. August 1999 19:08
Betreff: MUSCLE Problems with serial communication / cardreader ECO5000


>
>Hi,
>
>i'm working on a driver for the ORGA ECO 5000 cardreader.
>
>But the "serial.c" - file (provided with the CT-skeleton sources) doesn't
>seem to work.
>
>I get a handle to "/dev/ttyS0" for example, but other functions (like
>tcgetattr(handle, ...)) shutdown with an error (-1).
>
>Where is the problem ??
>
>I changed some part of the sources (eliminated MAC support), but this is (I
>hope) not the reason.
>
>I also have to set the RTS-Line off to communicate with the cardreader.
>Otherwise i don't get a response. (ACK or NACK) Which parameters do i have
to
>change or set in the termios-structure.
>
>I attached the modified "serial.c"-file. Please take a look at it.
>If there are any questions, please contact me!!
>
>Thank you so much for your support. ;->
>
>Bye, Frank
>
>
>

***************************************************************
Linux Smart Card Developers - M.U.S.C.L.E.
(Movement for the Use of Smart Cards in a Linux Environment)
http://www.linuxnet.com/smartcard/index.html
***************************************************************

Reply via email to