I am trying to develop a system for interfacing to iButtons; non-Java
ones to begin with.  At the moment it is being developed as a
stand-alone application but I hope to integrate it into PC/SC
eventually.  I just wanted to check, though, that no one else is working
on the same thing; I don't want to waste my time.

A couple of questions:

1.  I downloaded the 0.99 version of the resource manager, and it builds
fine.  However, I wasn't sure which files I needed to support my card
reader (I have a Schlumberger reader and CyberFlex cards as well as the
iButton stuff).  When I pulled down the drivers for the reader and the
card, they had earlier version numbers and would not build against the
header files from the resource manager.  Did I end up with the wrong
files here?

2.  A more general question: does anyone know what changes have to be
made to .class files before they are uploaded to a smartcard?  The
reason I ask is that (on a very cursory examination) Java support looks
fairly straightforward apart from this conversion process.  Is the
format common to all JavaCards or does each manufacturer produce their
own?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Pete Chown, email  [EMAIL PROTECTED],       phone  +44 (0) 181 680 8393,
            fax    +44 (0) 181 688 8013,   mobile +44 (0) 468 765 645,
            post   58 Foss Avenue, Croydon, CR0 4EU, England
***************************************************************
Linux Smart Card Developers - M.U.S.C.L.E.
(Movement for the Use of Smart Cards in a Linux Environment)
http://www.linuxnet.com/smartcard/index.html
***************************************************************

Reply via email to