On 04/23/2014 11:46 PM, Unai Rodriguez wrote:
Do you know what type of mail server this is coming from? QMT perhaps?
That is the only scenario where I've personally observed this problem
(QMT to QMT). It'd be nice to know if it happens on other servers to.
One of these days I might get curious enough to attempt to fix that
bug. It's not a priority though, as I expect that DKIM will supersede
when it's implemented.

I don't. It belongs to a big international bank. I doubt they'd be
running QMT?

nmap -P0 -p 25 -A -T polite anonymized_ip_address

Starting Nmap 4.11 ( http://www.insecure.org/nmap/ ) at 2014-04-24 08:43
CEST
Warning:  OS detection will be MUCH less reliable because we did not
find at least 1 open and 1 closed TCP port
Interesting ports on anonymized_ip_address (anonymized_ip_address):
PORT   STATE    SERVICE VERSION
25/tcp filtered smtp
Too many fingerprints match this host to give specific OS details

Nmap finished: 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 47.400 seconds



---------------------------------------------------------------------

Sometimes the smtp greeting will give an indication, when you telnet into it. Of course, their outbound server isn't necessarily the same host as the one accepting inbound connections. The bigger the domain, the more likely these will be different.

Just curious though.


--
-Eric 'shubes'


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]
For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]

Reply via email to