Yes, disable qmail-dk according to the wiki. It's erroneously trying to
sign an incoming message. (Stupid patch)
Do you know what type of mail server this is coming from? QMT perhaps?
That is the only scenario where I've personally observed this problem
(QMT to QMT). It'd be nice to know if it happens on other servers to.
One of these days I might get curious enough to attempt to fix that bug.
It's not a priority though, as I expect that DKIM will supersede when
it's implemented.
Does anyone know of a reason to keep DK if DKIM is available?
Thanks.
--
-Eric 'shubes'
On 04/23/2014 07:58 PM, Unai Rodriguez wrote:
Dear List,
Sorry, my bad. I found the problem (I was grepping the wrong @domain):
qmail-smtpd: qq hard reject (qmail-dk: Cannot sign message due to
invalid message syntax. (#5.3.0)): MAILFROM:<anonymized_email_address>
RCPTTO:[email protected]
A bit of googling brought me here:
http://wiki.qmailtoaster.com/index.php/Disabling_Domain_Keys
Should I disable domain keys? Is that something that's still supposed to
be broken or the wiki is outdated?
Thank you so much!
On 2014-04-24 09:46, Unai Rodriguez wrote:
I cannot find any traces of those emails in our system.
If our backup MX had issues forwarding to the main, will QMT show it
on the logs? I'm guessing that there might be cases where it won't
even show up.
Thank you so much for the replies
On 2014-04-24 00:45, Dan McAllister wrote:
The first place I would look is the SMTP and SEND log files. (Yes,
there is a SEND log entry for inbound messages too -- they are just
sent "locally").
If you know who they're supposed to be FROM, the SEND log will tell
you if it was "delivered"... if it doesn't appear in the SEND log,
check the SMTP log -- perhaps the receipt failed for some reason.
Dan
NOTE: I like the qmlog tool (source
http://wiki.qmailtoaster.com/index.php/Qmlog, or the QMTPlus package).
On 4/23/2014 5:02 AM, Unai Rodriguez wrote:
Dear List,
I have not seen on my INBOX/SPAM/JUNK folders at least 3 emails in
the last 10 days or so. It is hard to verify for me whether this is
true so from a system standpoint where do I start to check? I've
grepped so far:
/var/log/qmail/clamd/*
/var/log/qmail/smtp/*
/var/log/qmail/spamd/*
and I have also checked the logs on the backup MX (that runs Postfix
-- our main runs QMT).
Nothing seemed to indicate that the emails have been rejected.
Any pointers about what would be the best place to investigate would
be highly appreciated -- Sorry if this has been covered somewhere
else, I was not able to find it.
Thank you so much.
With Best Wishes,
Unai Rodriguez
---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]
For additional commands, e-mail:
[email protected]
--
IT4SOHO, LLC
33 - 4th Street N, Suite 211
St. Petersburg, FL 33701-3806
CALL TOLL FREE:
877-IT4SOHO
877-484-7646 Phone
727-647-7646 Local
727-490-4394 Fax
We have support plans for QMail!
---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]
For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]
---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]
For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]