Hello everyone,

I am currently studying a Bachelor programme in Social Sciences at the VUB/UGent and one of the courses requires the use of SPSS [1]. Would it feasible to use PSPP instead for such an introductory course? A part of the exam for this course is to use SPSS, as such, are the skills transferable?

The course outline specifies the following points:

- T-test for the difference between two means.

- One-way ANOVA

- Bivariate regression (basics, residuals and influence statistics, inferential statistics).

- Multiple regression (basics, redundancy/suppression, inferential statistics and assumptions, categorical independent variables, F-tests, and interaction effects).

As I do not have much knowledge on statistic software (or statistics in general), I would deeply appreciate any thoughts and insights on this matter. Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,
Sofía Aritz

[1] Quantitative Research Methods. (warning, unfree GTM JavaScript) https://caliweb.vub.be/?page=course-offer&id=009943&anchor=1&target=pr&year=2627&language=nl&output=html

--
Sofía Aritz
https://sofiaritz.com/


Reply via email to