I have set up a postfix/dovecot/roundcube server on an Ubuntu box. 
Everything works fine *except* that my personal account on that machine
cannot send mail to another account I have on a different machine. 
Instead, it's delivered back to the sender.

Specifically, if the account [email protected] sends mail to
[email protected], the mail is delivered to [email protected].

This is specific to this particular pair.  If I send email, for
instance, from [email protected] to [email protected], it's
delivered to [email protected].

Mail *from* [email protected] to [email protected] gets delivered
fine.


Here's what my syslog says:


Aug 18 02:58:09 libertyfp postfix/qmgr[9675]: D0C4941E97:
from=<[email protected]>, size=557, nrcpt=1 (queue active)

Aug 18 02:58:09 libertyfp dovecot: lmtp(11707): Connect from local

Aug 18 02:58:09 libertyfp dovecot:
lmtp([email protected])<11707><+TFjIyFbHGG7LQAAHPmxyw>:
msgid=<[email protected]>:
saved mail to INBOX

Aug 18 02:58:09 libertyfp postfix/lmtp[11706]: D0C4941E97:
to=<[email protected]>, orig_to=<[email protected]>,
relay=mail.libertyfp.org[private/dovecot-lmtp], delay=0.96,
delays=0.91/0.02/0.02/0.01, dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (250 2.0.0
<[email protected]> +TFjIyFbHGG7LQAAHPmxyw Saved)

Aug 18 02:58:09 libertyfp dovecot: lmtp(11707): Disconnect from local:
Client has quit the connection (state=READY)

***********************************

The only recent change I made was to add a relay by sender line to
main.cf to relay @gmail, @charter and @hotmail through billoblog.com.
Apparently the vps I'm renting is in the middle of a bunch of dirty ip
addresses and I get blacklisted by association every few weeks and have
to appeal to get whitelisted again.  Rather than deal with that, I
decided to relay those addresses through another server of mine that is
assigned an ip address in a better neighborhood.

So... Here's what I added to main.cf:

#ADDED 08/10/2021 to relay mail to gmail through billoblog
sender_dependent_relayhost_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/bysender

and here's what's in /etc/postfix/bysender

% more bysender
*@gmail.com [mail.billoblog.com]:25
*@hotmail.com [mail.billoblog.com]:25
*@charter.com [mail.billoblog.com]:25

I can't figure out if this is a postfix issue or a dovecot issue.

Any pointers would be appreciated.


billo


Reply via email to