> On Sep 6, 2026, at 00:35, Herbert J. Skuhra <[email protected]> wrote:
> 
> On Sun, 06 Sep 2026 04:24:20 +0200, Doug Hardie <[email protected]> wrote:
>> 
>>> On Sep 5, 2026, at 15:54, Doug Hardie <[email protected]> wrote:
>>> 
>>>> 
>>>> On Sep 5, 2026, at 12:55, Michael Grimm <[email protected]> wrote:
>>>> 
>>>> Doug Hardie <[email protected]> wrote:
>>>> 
>>>>> Dovecot24 has been in the latest packages for awhile.  I have it
>>>>> up and running on a test system.  However, before I can move it
>>>>> onto the production mail server, it needs to have pigeonhole
>>>>> working.  Is there any prognosis when pigeonhole might be
>>>>> available in packages?
>>>> 
>>>> Actually there are two ports ready and waiting for becoming committed:
>>>> 
>>>> mail/dovecot24-pigeonhole:
>>>> https://bugs.freebsd.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=298046
>>>> 
>>>> mail/dovecot24-wormhole:
>>>> https://bugs.freebsd.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=297703
>>>> 
>>>> I really don't know what the reasons are that both ports ain't become 
>>>> committed, yet.
>>>> 
>>>> I am using both ports for a couple of weeks now, without any issues …
>> 
>> 
>> I tried pkg upgrade today and dovecot2.4.5 showed up.  Completed the upgrade 
>> and then did another make.  Got lots farther along before the following 
>> error:
>> 
>> libtool: compile:  cc -DPACKAGE_NAME=\"libressl\"
> -DPACKAGE_TARNAME=\"libressl\" -DPACKAGE_VERSION=\"3.6.2\"
> "-DPACKAGE_STRING=\"libressl 3.6.2\"" -DPACKAGE_BUGREPORT=\"\"
> -DPACKAGE_URL=\"\" -DPACKAGE=\"libressl\" -DVERSION=\"3.6.2\"
> -DSTDC_HEADERS=1 -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H=1
> -DHAVE_STDLIB_H=1 -DHAVE_STRING_H=1 -DHAVE_MEMORY_H=1
> -DHAVE_STRINGS_H=1 -DHAVE_INTTYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_STDINT_H=1
> -DHAVE_UNISTD_H=1 -DHAVE_DLFCN_H=1 -DLT_OBJDIR=\".libs/\"
> -DSIZEOF_TIME_T=8 -DHAVE_SYMLINK=1 -DHAVE_ENDIAN_H=1
> -DHAVE_MACHINE_ENDIAN_H=1 -DHAVE_ERR_H=1 -DHAVE_READPASSPHRASE_H=1
> -DHAVE_NETINET_IP_H=1 -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_NETINET_IN_H=1
> -DHAVE_ARPA_NAMESER_H=1 -DHAVE_NETDB_H=1 -DHAVE_RESOLV_H=1
> -DHAVE_ASPRINTF=1 -DHAVE_MEMMEM=1 -DHAVE_READPASSPHRASE=1
> -DHAVE_REALLOCARRAY=1 -DHAVE_RECALLOCARRAY=1 -DHAVE_STRLCAT=1
> -DHAVE_STRLCPY=1 -DHAVE_STRNDUP=1 -DHAVE_STRNLEN=1 -DHAVE_STRSEP=1
> -DHAVE_STRTONUM=1 -DHAVE_TIMEGM=1 -DHAVE_GETPROGNAME=1 -DHAVE_SYSLOG=1
> -DHAVE_ACCEPT4=1 -DHAVE_PIPE2=1 -DHAVE_POLL=1 -DHAVE_SOCKETPAIR=1
> -DHAVE_ARC4RANDOM=1 -DHAVE_ARC4RANDOM_BUF=1 -DHAVE_ARC4RANDOM_UNIFORM=1
> -DHAVE_EXPLICIT_BZERO=1 -DHAVE_TIMINGSAFE_BCMP=1
> -DHAVE_TIMINGSAFE_MEMCMP=1 -DHAVE_DL_ITERATE_PHDR=1
> -DHAVE_CLOCK_GETTIME=1 -DHAVE_VA_COPY=1 -DHAVE___VA_COPY=1
> -DHAS_GNU_WARNING_LONG=1 -I. -I../include -I../include/compat
> -DLIBRESSL_INTERNAL -D__BEGIN_HIDDEN_DECLS= -D__END_HIDDEN_DECLS=
> -DLIBRESSL_CRYPTO_INTERNAL -I../crypto/asn1 -I../crypto/bio
> -I../crypto/bn -I../crypto/bytestring -I../crypto/dh -I../crypto/dsa
> -I../crypto/ec -I../crypto/ecdh -I../crypto/ecdsa -I../crypto/evp
> -I../crypto/hmac -I../crypto/modes -I../crypto/ocsp -I../crypto/pkcs12
> -I../crypto/rsa -I../crypto/x509 -I../crypto -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -O2
> -pipe -fpic -DPIC -Wl,-rpath,/usr/local/lib -Wl,--as-needed
> -fstack-protector-strong -fno-strict-aliasing -Wall -std=gnu99
> -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-strict-overflow -fstack-protector-strong
> -DHAVE_GNU_STACK -Qunused-arguments -Wno-pointer-sign -MT
> compat/arc4random.lo -MD -MP -MF compat/.deps/arc4random.Tpo -c
> compat/arc4random.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o compat/.libs/arc4random.o
>> compat/arc4random.c:197:1: error: redefinition of 'arc4random_buf'
>>  197 | arc4random_buf(void *buf, size_t n)
>>      | ^
>> /usr/include/ssp/stdlib.h:38:22: note: previous definition is here
>>   38 | __ssp_redirect(void, arc4random_buf, (void *__buf, size_t __len),
>>      |                      ^
>> 1 error generated.
>> 
>> 
>> I don't see how that is a redefinition.
>> I tried with MAKE_JOBS_UNSAFE=yes but it made no difference.
> 
> 1. Do you use ssl=libressl (DEFAULT_VERSIONS in /etc/make.conf)? The
> dovecot24 packages are built with openssl (from base). 
> 
> 2. When did you last update /usr/ports? libressl 3.6.2 is from March
> 18th, 2023. The current version in ports is 4.3.2.


None of my systems have a file /etc/make.conf.  It looks like the ports were 
updated on May 21 2023.  I'll try updating them tomorrow and run again.


-- Doug

jj

Reply via email to