Nicolas Goy wrote:
Hello,

I was appointed as maintainer of webcamd, and I realize the situation is a bit complicated on the human side of things as the original author passed away and he was an important member of the community. I hope to be able to respect his work moving things forward.


The upstream project is now unmaintained and we apply patches as port files but this is not a good situation.

The webcamd project is very important to FreeBSD on the desktop and I think it deserve to be maintained properly.

While I am quite confident in C, I am ignorent of USB stack and linux kernel so I don't feel like I am the best person to write significant changes to the project. But I think I can manage patches and hope the project will stay stable.

The project is on an unmaintained github repository and will need to be forked.

I would prefer to put the project outside of github and under a common control (under a foundation organization or something).

So I am wondering if freebsd has such umbrella where we could put the proect.

I think much of the efforts in this area have gone towards base system integration, ie video(4) and uvideo(4). These are present and under active development in -CURRENT.

--
Charlie Li
...nope, still don't have an exit line.

Attachment: OpenPGP_signature.asc
Description: OpenPGP digital signature

Reply via email to