> By the way - how do you like the K200D? I'm trying to decide if I > need > to go with the K20D or whether the K200D will be sufficient for my > needs.
I've had it for about four weeks now and I took roughly 1500 pictures with it. Overall, I am very satisfied. For my needs, at least, the K200D is totally sufficient. I chose the K200D over the entry level models by Canikon etc. simply for the better ergonomics, and didn't care about technical specifications a lot. I just played around with it, played with the menues, took some pictures, and went for the K200D because it had the better feel to it. Just touching the EOS 400 and D40x's plastic bodies felt, well, cheap. The K200D is plastic, too, but it just feels better. I chose it over the K20D because what the K20D has to offer over the K200D for ME doen't justify the higher price tag. There is really only one thing that I miss, and that is an easier way to switch from AF.S to AF.C and to turn forced spot AF on and off more easily. I especially didn't see a big difference between the K200D and K20D viewfinders that everybody is talking about. The K200D viewfinder is great (I don't wear glasses or contacts). The Energizer Lithium batteries that came with it lasted well over 900 shots, and I was playing with the menues and looking at the pictures a lot, I really didn't try to maximize battery life. I am now using four Varta rechargeables which lasted well over 500 shots the first time. So the battery life is fine. To be quite honest, besides the MacBook Pro I got last year this K200D is probably the only other piece of electronic equipment I have bought in the past five years that is not dissapointing in one way or another. I got the 18-55 kit lens, the DA 40 Limited and the DA* 50-135 with it, and that's really a great setup to get started. I'll get a 21 Limited as soon as I find one, but they seem to be either sold out or overpriced around where I live. Marcus > > > > > Cheers > p > Brian > > ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ > Brian Walters > Western Sydney, Australia > http://members.westnet.com.au/brianwal/SL/ > > -- > > > -- > http://www.fastmail.fm - Email service worth paying for. Try it for > free > > > -- > PDML Pentax-Discuss Mail List > [email protected] > http://pdml.net/mailman/listinfo/pdml_pdml.net > to UNSUBSCRIBE from the PDML, please visit the link directly above > and follow the directions. -- PDML Pentax-Discuss Mail List [email protected] http://pdml.net/mailman/listinfo/pdml_pdml.net to UNSUBSCRIBE from the PDML, please visit the link directly above and follow the directions.

