Fabio,

Our customers also use Solaris, OpenSolaris and OpenIndiana with our JBOD.

Since OpenIndiana is using Illumos kernel now which is the fork of Open
Solaris Kernel, the MPxIO feature is from the same place as Solaris.

Therefore, DNS-1660 configuration also work on the above  

Rocky from DataON


-----Original Message-----
From: Fabio Martinelli [mailto:[email protected]] 
Sent: Monday, September 12, 2011 6:10 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [OpenIndiana-discuss] 200TB managed by OpenIndiana + ZFS

Hello

I need to buy a new 200TB raw storage system with 3TB disks and my usual 
Supermicro salesman told me that many customers are using OpenIndiana 
with ZFS;
this was a good new for me because I didn't know OpenIndiana but we're 
use to use Solaris and ZFS.

I'd like to know if someone has experiences to report about an 
active/active SAS controller solution managed by OpenIndiana; basically 
I'd like to replicate an architecture like this
http://www.dataonstorage.com/images/PDF/Solutions/NX2K/NexentaStor%20Storage
%20Solutions_6G%20Unified%20Storage%20NX%202280-S2.pdf
but without buying the NexentaStor license.

many thanks for your remarks,
kind regards
Fabio Martinelli



_______________________________________________
OpenIndiana-discuss mailing list
[email protected]
http://openindiana.org/mailman/listinfo/openindiana-discuss


_______________________________________________
OpenIndiana-discuss mailing list
[email protected]
http://openindiana.org/mailman/listinfo/openindiana-discuss

Reply via email to