Hi This is a rather simple setup with one quad-port SAS cable to each backplane (using SC847E16 chassises, one for server+disks, one only for disks). We're currently using LSI 3801/3081 controllers, but are replacing them with 9200-8e/8211-8i to get better mapping device name to physical disk (and with the sas2ircu wrapper in http://the-key.enix.org/~krystal/diskmap.py, life gets a bit more easier, thanks to <krystal> @ #openindiana @ irc.freenode.net). The motherboard used for these and similar servers, is X8DTH-IF. We have both servers connected to a SuperMicro SSE-G24-TG4 switch on 10Gbps, and then a trunked (dmz+private) 10Gbps fiber link to our main datacentre.
roy ----- Original Message ----- > Hi Roy > > thanks a lot, please may you report the model and version of the > controller you're using ? are you using 2 controllers active/active or > just 1 controller ? > > are you using the controller cache ? according to the Supermicro > salesman I don't have to use it in a active/active setup. > > which Supermicro motherboard are you using ? > > on which network technology are you offering the storage to the > clients > ? 1Gbit/s | 10 Gbit/s | Infiniband ? please provide details about the > network device and its driver. > > thanks again! > cheers > Fabio > > > > On 9/12/11 4:33 PM, Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk wrote: > >> I need to buy a new 200TB raw storage system with 3TB disks and my > >> usual Supermicro salesman told me that many customers are using > >> OpenIndiana > >> with ZFS; this was a good new for me because I didn't know > >> OpenIndiana but we're > >> use to use Solaris and ZFS. > >> > >> I'd like to know if someone has experiences to report about an > >> active/active SAS controller solution managed by OpenIndiana; > >> basically > >> I'd like to replicate an architecture like this > >> http://www.dataonstorage.com/images/PDF/Solutions/NX2K/NexentaStor%20Storage%20Solutions_6G%20Unified%20Storage%20NX%202280-S2.pdf > >> but without buying the NexentaStor license. > > We're using Super Micro on two 100TB (net storage after RAIDz2 > > overhead) systems for Bacula backup storage, and it's been running > > stably ever since I replaced those "#$"#$%/!!#% WD Black drives with > > Hitachi Deskstars. These boxes are setup using 11 RAIDz2 VDEVs with > > 7 2TB drives each. > > > > Vennlige hilsener / Best regards > > > > roy > > -- > > Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk > > (+47) 97542685 > > [email protected] > > http://blogg.karlsbakk.net/ > > -- > > I all pedagogikk er det essensielt at pensum presenteres > > intelligibelt. Det er et elementært imperativ for alle pedagoger å > > unngå eksessiv anvendelse av idiomer med fremmed opprinnelse. I de > > fleste tilfeller eksisterer adekvate og relevante synonymer på > > norsk. > > > > _______________________________________________ > > OpenIndiana-discuss mailing list > > [email protected] > > http://openindiana.org/mailman/listinfo/openindiana-discuss > > > _______________________________________________ > OpenIndiana-discuss mailing list > [email protected] > http://openindiana.org/mailman/listinfo/openindiana-discuss -- Vennlige hilsener / Best regards roy -- Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk (+47) 97542685 [email protected] http://blogg.karlsbakk.net/ -- I all pedagogikk er det essensielt at pensum presenteres intelligibelt. Det er et elementært imperativ for alle pedagoger å unngå eksessiv anvendelse av idiomer med fremmed opprinnelse. I de fleste tilfeller eksisterer adekvate og relevante synonymer på norsk. _______________________________________________ OpenIndiana-discuss mailing list [email protected] http://openindiana.org/mailman/listinfo/openindiana-discuss
