> Not that we have lots of money for hiring someone to do custom programming, > but if we do suddenly find a pot of gold laying around, we might do a few > things.
And for some things, you don't need a pot of gold. There's a lot of "free" work still going on. For example, with code I personally wrote, I'm always inclined to improve things, even if it has to be done "after hours". These improvements are more likely to happen if I'm aware of the desire for them (so, enter tickets into Launchpad with bug reports and enhancement requests! If you're not a programmer, offer your other skills to help make things happen--domain expertise, testing, documentation, etc.) By just putting the stuff out there, you may find others that want to help (with funding/time/skills/etc.) Money gets you things folks might not want to volunteer for, on a timetable. -- Jason Etheridge | Equinox Software, Inc. / Your Library's Guide to Open Source | phone: 1-877-OPEN-ILS (673-6457) | email: [email protected] | web: http://www.esilibrary.com
