High Rock Park, Wedn., 4/10
5:40-6:40pm

There was a flock of 14 RUSTY BLACKBIRDS singing loudly, high in the trees at 
the Greta Moulton loop trail/first swamp from parking lot.

These birds are apparently moving quite a bit as they were not there when I 
first arrived and they were not seen in either of the spots where I observed 
two smaller flocks yesterday: Hourglass Pond or green trail loop. 

I checked the green trail site when I first arrived, seeing many PINE, PALM and 
YELLOW-RUMPED WARBLER, but no blackbirds. 

I continued on the yellow trail which overlaps with green then continues across 
Manor Rd to Bloodroot Valley. 

Walking up the hill toward a young heath-birch area, TWO FIELD SPARROW flew out 
and sat briefly. 

When I returned to main High Rock area, I was going to try Hourglass Pond when 
I heard the blackbirds from over the hill. I observed them for a few minutes. 

This flock flew again and was gone by the time I had reached the other side of 
the marsh. 

Good luck if you go. There are so many suitable sites for Rusties. Check the 
map and maybe ask the staff stationed up the long (3/8mi) driveway/road. 

Dave Jordet


Sent from my Iridium 9505A Satellite Phone
--

NYSbirds-L List Info:
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm

ARCHIVES:
1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html
2) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L
3) http://birdingonthe.net/mailinglists/NYSB.html

Please submit your observations to eBird:
http://ebird.org/content/ebird/

--

Reply via email to