Paul Novak asked me to pass this message along regarding the loggerhead shrike 
report --- Jesse Jaycox

Hello,

I was just forwarded the message regarding Dave Tetlow's loggerhead shrike 
sighting on North Hamlin Road. This location is not far from 1980's breeding 
records which is interesting. In case folks out there are not aware of it, 
Ontario has been banding shrikes and also doing a captive breeding and release 
effort for over 10 years now. If this bird is seen again, it would be well 
worth looking to see if there are any color bands on the bird and noting color 
and which leg if bands are observed. Also of course, to determine if there may 
be a second bird present. If it is possible to keep me posted I'd really 
appreciate it as well as I still have some level of involvement with this 
species for NYSDEC. You may have seen my article on loggerhead shrikes in the 
New York State Conservationist magazine (December 2010 issue). Thanks! I hope 
people see it again and enjoy the sight if you do. They are such a neat bird.

Paul

Paul Novak
Wildlife Biologist
NYSDEC
1130 North Westcott Road
Schenectady, NY  12306
PHONE # (518) 357-2071

--

NYSbirds-L List Info:
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm

ARCHIVES:
1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html
2) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L
3) http://birdingonthe.net/mailinglists/NYSB.html

Please submit your observations to eBird:
http://ebird.org/content/ebird/

--

Reply via email to