I just got the survey report Montezuma National Wildlife Refuge in
Seneca County from this morning, so I thought I would forward along
some of the details.  Nothing particularly noteworthy, it looks like
shorebirds numbers are perhaps slightly reduced but still substantial
at Knox-Marcellus and Puddler's marshes, with yellowlegs
predominating.  None of the recent rarer shorebirds were reported, but
several hundred were left unidentified so the conditions may not have
been ideal and those birds (Wilson's Phalaropes, Stilt, Baird's, and
White-rumped sandpipers) may still be present.  Black Tern numbers
have been really impressive at Puddler's lately, with 35 reported
today (mostly juveniles when I was there early in the week.) Two adult
and one juvenile Sandhill Crane were at Tschache Pool, as well as a
smattering of shorebirds including several Semipalmated Sandpipers.

I will check out the flats tomorrow and let people know what is still
around in terms of other shorebirds.

Good birding,
-Jay

-- 
Jay McGowan
Macaulay Library
Cornell Lab of Ornithology
Ithaca, NY
[email protected]

--

NYSbirds-L List Info:
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm

ARCHIVES:
1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html
2) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L
3) http://birdingonthe.net/mailinglists/NYSB.html

Please submit your observations to eBird:
http://ebird.org/content/ebird/

--

Reply via email to