[
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ACCUMULO-4456?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=15879005#comment-15879005
]
Josh Elser commented on ACCUMULO-4456:
--------------------------------------
bq. I'm not sure I fully understand what the replication service is doing, but
it's possibly different
bq. There's no reason that the replication thrift server should be any
different than the others.
Again, I don't know why it would be different than the others.
bq. There seem to be 3 layers of service wrappers here
{code}
ReplicationCoordinator.Iface haReplicationProxy =
HighlyAvailableServiceWrapper.service(impl, this);
ReplicationCoordinator.Processor<ReplicationCoordinator.Iface>
replicationCoordinatorProcessor = new
ReplicationCoordinator.Processor<>(RpcWrapper.service(
impl, new ReplicationCoordinator.Processor<>(haReplicationProxy)));
{code}
This is what you're referring to? Specifically
{code}
RpcWrapper.service(impl, new
ReplicationCoordinator.Processor<>(haReplicationProxy))
{code}
Not being
{code}
RpcWrapper.service(haReplicationProxy, new
ReplicationCoordinator.Processor<>(haReplicationProxy))
{code}
This sounds exactly like the kind of unintentional omission I meant earlier.
The change
https://github.com/apache/accumulo/pull/219/files#diff-8328b7e7fcdb9b134f586e736090cd0bL1161
makes sense.
> Fix exclusion on answering RPCs when lock is not acquired
> ---------------------------------------------------------
>
> Key: ACCUMULO-4456
> URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ACCUMULO-4456
> Project: Accumulo
> Issue Type: Sub-task
> Components: client, master
> Reporter: Josh Elser
> Assignee: Josh Elser
> Fix For: 2.0.0
>
> Time Spent: 2h 50m
> Remaining Estimate: 0h
>
> [~kturner] asked me a good question about what the client does when it tries
> to talk to a master which has recently lost its active status, how does the
> client handle the thrown exception?
> Should run a quick local test.
--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v6.3.15#6346)