/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */
The problem with this answer is that it has to be theoretical.
You can have 3 million machines behind a masq or 2 machines and the same
amount of concurrent sessions, that's completely dependant on how much the
user uses.
I have only 30 some odd users here and the only reason I ever get a
complaint is because we still only have a dual ISDN connection.
I know that's not a huge number but I often see up to 100-150 concurrent
connections, usually http or https and I know I am nowhere near the limit.
I think the number of concurrent sessions is 4096, please no one jump me if
I am wrong that just some number that sticks out at me!
-- Tim
-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf
Of John J. Donohue
Sent: Monday, November 01, 1999 10:00 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [Masq] how many?
/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */
Current messages here remind me of a question I've been meaning to ask.
What's the largest number of systems currently running behind a single
linux masq box?
I know the theoretical limit has to do with the nics, the masq box bus and
cpu, the network on one side, the connection (pots, isdn, dsl, t1, etc) on
the other, and actual loading/apps used on the client machines. What I
curious about here, is real world situations (probably in a business or
school), perhaps more anecdotal than scientific. I.e., "We're running 150
machines in 3 learning labs behind a 2.0.36 masq box and we're satisfied
with it's performance".
_______________________________________________
Masq maillist - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS
INCLUDES UNSUBSCRIBING!
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.
_______________________________________________
Masq maillist - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS INCLUDES
UNSUBSCRIBING!
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.