/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */


I haven't seen any traffic on this list since I subscribed
some days ago, but here goes...

I am using RH 6.1, configured with all the necessary
IP_MASQUARADE stuff from the man page of ipmasqadm, etc.  I
have confirmed that the various modules are being compiled
into my kernel by looking for relevant symbols in System.map
and they are there.

When I use the following command, I get "portfw: setsockopt
failed: Invalid argument"
(-EINVAL is the return code)

ipmasqadm portfw -a -P tcp -L 208.200.159.151 16801 -R
192.1687.0.102 16801

I put a printf in the code just before the call to
setsockopt in portfw.c, and the parameters seem reasonable.
I looked at the code in raw.c and saw that the EINVAL is
returned based on a bad protocol argument.  The setsockopt
in the above call is using the constant IPPROTO_IP which
evaluates to zero in the 'level' field.  I'm now at the
limits of my knowledge!!

Can anyone provide some assistance?  Is there a prerequisite
for an entry in one of the ipchains before it will accept
this command?

Any help would be appreciated.

-Chris Hallinan
DS4.COM, Inc.

_______________________________________________
Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS INCLUDES 
UNSUBSCRIBING!
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.

Reply via email to