/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */



Hi all,

I've got something simple I'd like to do with port forwarding but I can't 
see to get it to work.

I've compiled my kernel (2.0.36) to support everything I need it to, I've 
got masquerading working fine, but the port forwarding fails.

Right now our setup is a linux box, acting as a gateway between our LAN 
and the internet.  Right now we don't have our internet connection yet so 
the linux boxes second ethernet card just goes to a hub which has another 
workstation connected to it as well, to simiulate the internet.

All i'm trying to do is forward web traffic to an internal machine.  When 
I do this, and try to access the webpage stored on the masq'ing linux 
gateway it seems to forward the packets but nothing results of them and 
the outside network cannot connect.

I have posted my firewall ruleset, output from ifconfig, and some 
tcpdump'ed information about what is going on.  If you could take a look 
at that and see if there's anything I'm doing wrong I'd greatly 
appreciate it.

http://www.people.cornell.edu/pages/jje7/help/firewall.txt
http://www.people.cornell.edu/pages/jje7/help/ifconfig.txt
http://www.people.cornell.edu/pages/jje7/help/tcpdump.txt

Thanks everyone,

Sincerely,
Josh Estelle


_______________________________________________
Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/

Reply via email to