/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */
@home-engstrom wrote:
> I'm running an IPCHAINS firewall RH 6.1 Kernel 2.2.12 and I'm having a bit
> of trouble getting it to work right. For some reason the external IF is not
> letting securehosts through. It worked fine last week, and I really don't
> think I changed anything since then, but...who knows.
could their ip address(es) have changed?
> Is there a program that will allow me, from my internal 95 box to simulate
> external traffic and to model the patterns that are being allowed through
> the wall?
i don't know but you could just collect real packet data
in the form of tcpdump output and run it though fwhelper
which is a little utility that you can get from
http://www.zip.com.au~/raf2/lib/software/firewall
it runs a simulation of the packet rule matching algorithm
for each packet in tcpdump output and shows a trace of the
algorithm so you can see which rules match and why and which
rules didn't match and why. it's like "ipchains -C" but it
doesn't just tell you that you have a problem, it helps you
track it down.
raf
_______________________________________________
Masq maillist - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS INCLUDES
UNSUBSCRIBING!
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.