/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */


Erri -

I would be that your bottleneck will be the 64K leased line.  I manage a
firewall for a client (school) that has 50 or so users behind it - a P133 48MB
RAM - with a RoadRunner (cable) connection and have never experienced any
slowdowns attributable to the firewall.  I would probably find something less
than the PC you have there and would and keep that one for myself!

top:
  9:01am  up 48 days, 22:43,  1 user,  load average: 0.09, 0.04, 0.00
48 processes: 47 sleeping, 1 running, 0 zombie, 0 stopped
CPU states:  1.7% user,  1.5% system,  0.0% nice, 96.7% idle
Mem:   46904K av,  45668K used,   1236K free,   7812K shrd,  12772K buff
Swap:  66488K av,   3268K used,  63220K free                  6680K cached

Phil



> Those multiple internal networks will be connected to the IP
> Masq Server(s) via 64K leased line/ frame relay with full
> internet services (we'll open all ports).
> The candidate machine will be Pentium III/600 Dual Processor
> with 256 Megs Memory.
> What I want to ask is:
> - How much workstation and internal networks can supported
> by this machine without perfomance degradation ?
> - Does IP MASQ can support multiple external IP address ?

_______________________________________________
Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS INCLUDES 
UNSUBSCRIBING!
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.

Reply via email to