/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */


Hello everyone.  I am running Red Hat Linux 6.1 on a computer with 2 tulip 
ethernet cards for IP masquerading.  I have configured both of my ethernet 
cards and my cox@home (@home cable service) connection to my Linux box.  I 
have also configured my internal computers to the same network.  I am using 
the simple IPCHAINS firewall ruleset from the IP Masq HOWTO.  I also set 
IP4forward=true. 
    I am able to ping from my internal computers the following: their own 
ethernet cards and both of the cards (internal and external) on the Linux 
box, however I am NOT able to ping an internet IP address.  From my actual 
Linux box, though, I can ping Internet IP addresses, as well as browse the 
internet.  Basically, on the IP Masq HOWTO, in section 5: Testing IP 
Masquerade, I am stuck on step 5.  But my Internet connection IS working on 
the Linux box itself.  So what is wrong? Must this be an internal computer 
misconfiguration?  Any help getting IP masquerading finally working would be 
greatly appreciated.  Thank you very much,
-Marc London ([EMAIL PROTECTED])

_______________________________________________
Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS INCLUDES 
UNSUBSCRIBING!
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.

Reply via email to