/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */


Question: How do I determine which rule is stopping my packet from being
MASQed? I can see that packets which should be masqued are being stopped
at the firewall and logged in  /var/log/messages, but I can not figure
out why. Is there some part of the log entry which leads indicates the
rule which triggered the entry?

Why I am asking:
I have been running IPCHAINS/MASQ using David Ranch's TrinityOS(c)
version 2.95 for almost a year now. Setup is three Windows 9X machines
behind the firewall with two ether cards. Everything has worked as
advertised: http, ftp, games, etc, all masqueraded just fine.  Until...

I decided to update the rules with version 3.49 and suddenly nothing
works. I reviewed the rules, but I do not see why nothing including DNS
is getting from the Windows client through the firewall.

I am using the logging option of ipchains so the DENY shows up, but I
need to know which rule is causing the deny.

_______________________________________________
Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS INCLUDES 
UNSUBSCRIBING!
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.

Reply via email to